Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my tree getting enough water?

Posted by kferriere 9b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 14:52

We bought our house about six months ago and I'm not sure if I'm caring for this tree properly. I noticed that that the palms are turning brown now that the weather is getting warmer here. It's on a trip water system and gets watered for 15 minutes four days a week. Do you think it needs deeper watering? Thanks much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my tree getting enough water?

This seems normal for Queen Palms. I live in Australia, and when the fronds start going an Orange Looking colour, it means that new fronds are emerging from the head of the palm and the lower fronds begin to die as they show signs of turning Orange then Brown. When the Lower fronds turn brown, prune them off with a Pole saw of some sort. At the moment, leave the fronds alone until they turn brown because now that they are mostly green, they are still a primary source of food for the palm. The water given to the Palm at this present stage seems to be fine.

o
RE: Is my tree getting enough water?

Some Peat Moss and Slow Release Fertiliser will help too!

The fertiliser will help the tree with Growth and keep the Fronds Greener!
The Peat Poss will retain Water and Moistore into the Ground! So less frequent watering

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here