Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My palms pics

Posted by Hunter_M Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 21, 11 at 15:51

My coconut is in the front, the one in the pinkish pot is my needle palm seedling. The orangish pot is my magesty palm and the white one is my yucca cane. On the table is my brothers flower and our foxtail seeds.
I hope I did this right.

Here is a link that might be useful: my palms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My palms pics

Nice looking Coconut!(-:

o

Thank you!

o

Nice palms good luck with the coconut and the majesty.

o

Everything looks really great! The coconut palm looks very nice and healthy. The reason why yours looks different from mine is because mine is in more sun and yours is in a bit more shade. Coconut palms in shade grow a little bit slower, but the fronds are longer giving the plant a taller appearance than a coconut palm of the same age in sun. Yours should be splitting its fronds soon though (maybe this summer!)

I copied the HTML code to the right of your picture and pasted it on my follow up message so that way you can see it without clicking on the link.

HERE IS YOUR PICTURE BELOW.....
Photobucket

Thanks for sharing! I cant wait to see how everything grows this summer!
-Alex

o

Thanks so much Alex!! Your so nice. I hope everything goes great at your house. I cant wait to see your pictures!!
Thank you!!
-Hunter

o

No problem! Everything is doing good here! I just saw a bloom beginning on my Musa Velutina banana today! Its my first banana bloom ever so I am very excited and will be posting some pics of that and more by the weekend!
-Alex

o

Good job , the coconut is a nice palm.

o

Hey Alex, I have a few more questions about you coconut palm.
1.Do you keep your coconut outside all summer?
2.I keep mine inside all of the time I just took it out because I wanted to give it a little vacation in the fresh air. I keep it inside because its been blown over twice because of wind. Has yours ever blown over in a storm or wind?
3.Has yours ever gotten burned by the sun.
4. Is it possible the tree can drown if it rains for a long time?
5. Do you mist it alot?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here