Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sago palms

Posted by tommy54 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 18:39

does anyone know what to put on sago palms to keep the prongs pretty mine always get ugly I dont have the white stuff they get, they just get frizzy and ugly I go by this guys house all the time that has real pretty sagos and I seen him spraying them last year with some little bottle of something does anybody know what that might be ? I would stop and ask him but I never see him home if anybody knows what to do please let me know tommy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sago palms

When your new flush of leaves comes out, are they brown and mottled looking? That would indicate a Manganese deficiency. If the leaves are green for months and then get bad looking, that could be from other scales that are not the Asian scale you alluded to. Lastly, if mostly the tips start looking bad first, that is more of a lack of water compared to how much sun, or heat you are getting.?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here