Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's pic :)

Posted by jaynboro 6 TN (jaynboro@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 19:51

Hey folks, just felt like sharing some pics!

Windmill palm
Photobucket.

Jordie wanting back in the house!
Photobucket.

Pond, trachy, jelly palm, and bananas
Photobucket.

Mix of plants
Photobucket.

Upright elephant ears
Photobucket.

This years growth of tree philodendron
Photobucket.

Variegated shell ginger, Mickey mouse taro, and baby trachy.
Photobucket.

Lady palm inflorescence
Photobucket.

Stag horn ferns
Photobucket.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's pic :)

Nice pics the pond looks very tropical. Do the alocasia(elephant ears) and the philodendron stay in the ground? How do you protect them in zone (6?)

o

Beautiful plants! I love those staghorn ferns! Everything looks great! That pond is awesome and those elephant ears, lady palm, ginger, windmill palm, pindo, basjoo, southern mag,...everything!
Thanks for sharing!

o

wow... I love your windmill and jelly palms. You, sir have a great yard!

o

Statenislandpalm7a- yes this past winter they did stay in the ground. I cut off the elephant ears about two feet from the ground and packed pine needles around them and then covered them with a really large plastic pot to keep them dry. I did the same thing to the philodendron on a smaller scale. Honestly didn't expect it to come back but glad it did. Plus they are on the southwestern side of house.

Tropicalzone7- thanks! I love stag horn ferns too. They definitely remind me of Florida. My largest on the right is in a 12 inch by 12 inch orchid basket. It gets heavier every year. But it is tiny compared to those monsters down south!

o

Jaynboro what was your lowest temperature this past winter

o

Looking good!

Love the pond-

o

Nice pics, this is my first year with upright EE's so its nice to know that they will survive with some protection. Pond area looks great with the bananas and palms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here