Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
june pics :)

Posted by ericthehurdler NOR CAL 9a (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 20:10

its been a wet and cold spring in northern california but finally the sun is out and its summer. here are a few pics of my plants
panoramic view
Photobucket

majesty, coconut, adonidia and areca seedlings
Photobucket

2 year old coconut finally starting to grow
Photobucket

Picked a seed off of a christmas palm in Mexico smuggled it back to the states and its growing great!
Photobucket

tilandsia bloom
Photobucket

can someone tell me what kind of palm this is?
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: june pics :)

Great pics! Im glad the sun is finally out in the west! The palm you didn't know the ID to is probably a Parlor palm.
I like the coconut palm too! Those usually dont grow so well in California (especially Northern Cali), but yours is doing fantastic.
Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

o

Looks great Eric

That Coconut is a monster!

o

Nice pics do you have any palms in the ground

o

Do you have any planted in the ground?

o

no plants in the ground :( i used to have a queen in the ground but a windstorm ripped it out. Im living at my moms house until i transfer to college and she isn't to fond of palms and tropicals so i'm stuck wit pots. Unfortunately i'm going to have to sell or give away most my plants when i go off to college, except the coco and a select few of my favorites that i will take with me. But when i get my own place i look forward to planting a plethora of palms in the ground. :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here