Photobucket

Photobucket

The palm that started the madness 6 years ago

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A new favorite, Daphne "Eternal Fragrance'. Didn't like it much at the old place, guess I just didn't put in a place I could smell it so much. Or maybe it's just more fragrant the older it gets?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Confederate jasmine

Photobucket

For those that like pics of other cities. I was in downtown Pittsburgh yesterday for the Pittsburgh Arts Festival, the largest free arts fest in the country. 2 weeks of live free music every day too with some good bands. Yesterday was bluegrass day. Happy Belated Bluegrass days Carl and others, Greensky Bluegrass, Peter Rowan Band and Del McCoury. I didn't have the cam so I, I mean my wife didn't take any pics of the band, but here are a few pics of the city and my kids, maybe my backside as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and I seem to have a habit of attracting blimps flying right over my house. This is probably the fifth one in the past 2 years.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update. Garden complete! For now - Tons o pics

Very nice looking! You have a real knack and eye for the layout of your landscaping!
Isn't it amazing how us cold-hardy enthusiasts can remember the very first moment that we were captivated into this hobby? Mine was while driving around town and noticing a mature Windmill in someones front yard. I even stopped and went to their front door to find out the species. Since then I am noticing more and more windmills popping up around town - including my own yard :)
Now that I am done from teaching for the summer, I hope to get a few pics of my yard too.
Keep up the good work; your yard is lovely!

o

Thanks, I've always been into palms, but just assumed I couldn't grow anything tropical until I misread that first tag, which was labeled as a trachy. Until then, my garden was nice and well kept, but with boxwoods, burning bushes, roses of sharon, perennials, etc... Your typical neighborhood look.

o

You got alot of work done. I got into the hobby after visiting Virginia beach and seeing all the palms they grow there. My first palm was a majesty palm that i still have. the first palm i tried in the ground was Chinese fan palm which didnt make it but it got me interested in other palms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here