Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21934719

From somewhere deep in the tropics...

User
10 years ago

That's been the origin of East Coast weather for several weeks now. There is a persistent plume of moisture from the Caribbean north to the Canadian Maritimes. (Even looks like the potential for tropical storm formation to the south of Cuba.) The duration of this deep tropical connection is just very unusual for so early in the season, the month of June has felt more like late August into September which is typically, torrentially wet and humid. The tropical plume is forecast to be pushed west, off the East coast as the Bermuda High expands. Major flooding will move into the Southeast, W.V., western Pa.. This is big time rain, heads up!
Will be interesting to see how this affects plant growth because while rainfall and humidity are through the roof, there was been limited sun. In years past, I always remember seeing the most growth in August. I just thought that it was because it took some time for our potted palms and other plants to kick into growth after a Winter spent indoors. Now, I am beginning to wonder. Palms seem to be pushing strong growth earlier!

Take a look at some of these satelite pics (Infrared, visible, or water vapor).

Here is a link that might be useful: Weather satellite pictures

This post was edited by njoasis on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 21:05

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH