Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what's wrong with my plants

Posted by Brian99 none (mckenzieb98@yahoo.co.uk) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 15:28

hello their

I purchased these 3 canary date palm trees, but they are starting to go a yellow/brown colour, are my plants dying,iam using miracle grow fertilizer, the plants were bought about 3 weeks ago, as soon as I repotted them they began to turn this colour within about a week.

Thanks

brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what's wrong with my plants

same as above

o
RE: what's wrong with my plants

What is the soil like? Does the soil feel dry or moist (especially beneath the surface)? What are your watering practices? Should be a rich, well drained soil. Looks also like it needs a bigger container, as they are vigorous growers when happy. Palms like deep pots btw, and remember, this species wants to be a large TREE. They are rather easy palms but not so great for a house for a variety of reasons (too massive, thorny, and resentful of excessive indoor heat in Winter). Also, stop fertilizing until they recuperate. Watering depends on soil type, active growth, temperature, etc.. (Mine are in large tubs and get watered every day as our summers are rather hot.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here