Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MI Zone pusher let loose in LA area garden center!

Posted by Tangobutt 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 17:06

What a great morning! Our last day in LA (we're in related fields to "that" bidness) we stopped at a garden center near Arcadia.
What fun! Got two 5 gal Kings, abt 6 ft tall ($25 ea!), two 5 gal Queens abt 6 ft tall or a little more ($12 ea!) and a 5 gal Mexican Fan Palm abt 3 ft tall ($7!) and with the MFP the guy looked at me like I just bought a bucket of dandelions!
LOL Can't wait to put these in with the Musa Basjoo and red Abyssinian bananas, baby MFP and shrimpy Sabal and Needle Palms at home! Obviously my royalty will have to go in the sunroom if we get winter ever again!
They seemed delighted to meet a real Zone Pusher.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MI Zone pusher let loose in LA area garden center!

Tangobutt, where about are you located in michigan?

o

Glad to hear about your new purchases. Even though many people think of Mexican Fan Palms as garbage palms, I still think they're one of the more attractive fan palms. They have a real tropical look to them. They're definitely one of my favorites. And $7 for a 3 footer is a steal!

o

Nice buys! Mexican fan palms arent my favorite palms, but they are really beautiful looking sometimes and I definitely wouldnt complain if I could get one to grow to a large size in my yard! Post pics when you can!
-Alex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here