Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slow73

Question regarding w. robusta and spindle palm

slow73
12 years ago

1. I have a potted w. robusta that is about 36 inches tall from soil level (+/-) with 4 fully opened fronds and 2 emerging spears (one partially opened). The two lower (older) fronds are dying from old age. One is yellow/green the other is yellow/brown/green. I know fronds on a palm are the plants food supply. My questions is should I trim the yellowing fronds now or wait til they are brown and crispy? We are having a cooler than normal summer and I want all of the advantages I can get to coax some decent growth from this thing this season.

2. The wife and I deceided since our plant eating cat has passed on to start getting house plants. We are thinking about getting a spindle palm to keep inside during the winter. The problem is the south side of our house has only one window and that is in the kitchen. A no go for a plant that size. The only other option is to put it next to the back door on either side of it where it would get indirect bright light at best (western exposure). Those of you with experience with spindles please chime in on if that location would be good.

Comments (2)