Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dixieboy_gw

9 pics

dixieboy
12 years ago

This old crepe has been around for many years & the s.moss also, in no way shape or form does it interfere with growth of leaf or flower, the tree is just be'in a friendly host!

{{gwi:1123812}}

Excellent gator habitat nearby.

{{gwi:1149901}}

The cotton crop is not affected by the drought as much but corn is a different story.

{{gwi:1149902}}

Wait'in on that trumpet to sound in the south!

{{gwi:1123901}}

The washingtonias in the area are com'in back but don't seem as fast as last year.

{{gwi:1143428}}

{{gwi:1149903}}

Next three are our rain starved yard.

{{gwi:1129650}}

{{gwi:1136556}}

{{gwi:1136557}}

Comments (15)

• chadec7a
    12 years ago

Lets all hope that you have a long wait till that trumpet blows. Love the overhead shots of the yard. Just can't get over how great that pindo looks. Also that drought map has me in the yellow up here in stokes county. Can't really believe that after all the rain we have had.

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL Chad, i once heard a preacher say that he was ready to go but didn't necessarily want to go on the next train load!! I'm wait'in on a good soak'in rain but nothing in the strong tropical type please. Thanks Chad, try & keep cool!

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago

I wish I had a yard like that. I love your palms!

-Hunter

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Dixieboy,

I love your pics...you know what a fan i am of yur yard!!!

Always have been...

"OH, I wish i were in a land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten...look away, look away, look away Dixieland!!!"

I always think of that song every time i see your place down in NC. I just love the look and the history of the "South"

Thanks for the Pictures...

Makes me soft for the "low country.." I love the look!

Here in VB, we dont have that "Low country" look..

BUT WE DO HAVE THE HEAT!!! YIKES!!! We are hurting from the lack of rain as well..

Ill have to post soem pics of my palms soon...

They did struggle this winter, but did comeback pretty strong..

Take care, Dixieboy!!!

Laura in VB

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Hunter, we've been chipp'in away at it for a few years now & slowly but surely........

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Be'in from ole Virginny, i knew you would know that song well!!! lol Yes, we would love to see an update from your yard in pictures!!! Rain??? I would love to have a good ground soaker about now, it is really dry,dry & of course the relentless summer heat that adds to it!
    Thanks again for the compliments Laura & try to stay cool!

• jimhardy
    12 years ago

Definitely a recognizable backyard!
    Palms are looking great and that Washy looks to be
    well on it's way to full recovery!

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jim, hot times, thankful for the ac unit!!

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    12 years ago

Fantastic photos as always! Hard to believe you are in the same state that also has some alpine/ subalpine and boreal forests. VA and NC are almost the perfect states for me because they both have the best of BOTH (northern and southern) worlds.

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That sure is true but considering if you go west between Manteo & Murphy NC it's 543 miles, i hope something changes!! lol Thanks for the reply & compliments!

• jacklord
    12 years ago

Great pics. If you told me they were scanned postcards, I would believe it.

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well thank you Jack, now i can tell folks i live in post card like country!! lol Thanks again!

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Speaking of post cards, here's a oldie from Wilmington.
    {{gwi:1149904}}

• jayinflorida
    12 years ago

Cool pics, thanks for posting. I saw you mention "Murphy"... we go up there a lot. I saw a place not too far from there (maybe 40 miles south, near Amicololla falls)with some Windmill palms in the ground!

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jay, wow, i know windmills are cold hardy but i didn't think one would see them up that a way, palms are go'in places!! lol

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting