Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Camden County palm pics

Posted by steve_nj 7-a (stevenj7a@verizon.net) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 21:53

These have been at a County library branch for about 5 years, all having been grown from seed. The pics were taken Wednesday.

Sabal louisiana
Camden County Library Branch; Sabal louisiana

Trachy & S. louisiana
Camden County Library Branch; Trachy & Sabal louisianas

2 trachys
Camden County Library Branch; Trachycarpus

Not pictured; young Sabal minors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Camden County palm pics

Wow -- I'm movin'!!!

o

Love the pics! My Sabal Minors dont look that good WITH protection! I cant believe they were grown by seed! It definitely gives a little bit of hope that they might naturalize a little!
Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

o

Alex, I grew up in Burlington Country, just a few miles from where these pics and the related Palmyra thread were take. I have family in Bergen County just west of UWS of Manhattan. When traveling between South and north Jersey in winter a very noticeable difference in weather is apparent. Especially temperature and winter precipitation. I'd often leave bare grass in South Jersey and arrive with considerable snow two hours to the north.

o

Steve, I assume you've seen the pics of my Trachy in prior posts (and just before in the central Jersey thread). Any ideas as to when it might flower? Trunk is now over 5ft, and seems in the last few years to be growing at a much more rapid pace. It gets no Winter protection now, and was literally buried in snow back in Dec./Jan. Not sure if such abuse has been detrimental, but it looks as healthy as ever. Quite proud of this tree since it was planted back in '01 as a seedling with no visible trunk whatsoever, and am amazed every day that it has survived as long as it has...

o

Alex, I grew up in Burlington Country, just a few miles from where these pics and the related Palmyra thread were take. I have family in Bergen County just west of UWS of Manhattan. When traveling between South and north Jersey in winter a very noticeable difference in weather is apparent. Especially temperature and winter precipitation. I'd often leave bare grass in South Jersey and arrive with considerable snow two hours to the north.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here