Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
$2.49 Queen Palm

Posted by nwmstropics (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 0:01

My two year old daughter and I stopped by Home Depot tonight to pick up some fertilizer and a sprinkler and found an unbelievable deal in the garden dept. They had the 7 gallon queen palms marked down to $2.49 each! I couldn't pass it up so I brought 2 of them home. They are some pretty good size trees as you can see in the pic.

Queen Palms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: $2.49 Queen Palm

great, what a steal. I wish i could fine something like that.

o

I love Queens!--Hardy and relatively fast. How are you overwintering yours. PS., Also found a good deal recently at HD on Zamia cycads (big ones were only $22.00--that's about the price of shipping for eBay purchases:))

o

Great buy! HD here in B'ham had 3 gal marked down to $3.71 ea. I purchased three beginning of summer at reg price and then five more when they marked them down.

o

i wish i could find a deal like that! thats awesome

o

NJ, I will be putting them in the garage for the winter. They'll scrape the ceiling but hopefully they will do alright.

o

Thats an awesome deal!!!! Congrats on the great find. That really is a fantastic price!!!

o

I don't know why HD in Birmingham would be selling Queen palms, they barely survived the freeze down here near the coast.

o

nwmstropics, that's exactly were mine go--a loft garage with an unobstructed south exposure whose doors were replaced with glass panels. Haven't had any issues with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here