Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mid summer update

Posted by bradleyo (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 7:00

Unfortunately I still do not know how to, nor really want to, upload pics from my camera. But it is easy enough for me to take pics with my cell phone and upload them directly to photobucket with the app. I'm highly disappointed in the quality of the photos though. I have an iPhone 4s which supposedly has an 8mp camera. These pics don't look like 8mp to me. But anyways, here's a few...

Crinum blooming in foreground for the second time. It hasn't bloomed for over a month, this bloom seems a little sturdier than the last. Hopefully it lasts for more than a day or 2 this time.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Yucca hybrid from Jim K. growing pretty well this year. I didn't expect much after I saw it it browned and wilted to nothing as soon as I planted it about 2 months ago.

Thanks for looking.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mid summer update

Your yard looks great! Those are some nice sized Washingtonias you have there. How do you get your bananas so big so quickly? What variety of elephant ear is that by the end of the driveway?

o

WOW

Time to take a deep breath yet?

You have accomplished so much with the move
and the reforestation of your whole new yard!

Very nice-are you available in case I need to move my stuff(-:

o

Very nice! For the first year it has a full and tropical look already. You'll be expanding before long!

o

Awesome Yard! what kinds or protection do you use?! i know your near PIT and probably the same zone.... so, just wondering what you do for the winter, do they need protection?

o

island - i'm kinda disappointed in my bananas this year. Since it's first year, I probably shouldn't be, but I took a monster pup from my old plant and it took off fast, however it got planted late, fertilized infrequently and not Superthrived until 2 weeks ago. I got the EE last year in HHI. It was labeled as either A.callidora or A. portadora, I don't recall. I don't know if that's even right though.

Jim- I'm done moving for awhile. I'm still not all the way moved in!

Chad - I'm already expanding, just no pics yet.

Richard - I'll post pics of protection this winter, this will be my first here, but if you search my previous posts, you should see many years worth of past protection techniques and results. Not everything needs protection and I certainly haven't mastered it. Try searching this entire forum for protection techniques, lots o great ideas. I try as minimalist as possible, i.e. no heat, however I tried Christmas lights last year with great success in Dubois.

o

Thanks! I love the landscape design, it looks like the tropics :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here