Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gone crazy for Sabal Louisiana

Posted by chadec7a N.C. (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 20, 11 at 8:07

Came across some sabal Louisiana's last night for 5$ a pc. You know I had to order 6 of them. They will get repotted for winter. Then I will figure out were they are going to go in April.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gone crazy for Sabal Louisiana

Chad, you do realize that you'll be able to do this same thing in 200 years or so!!! lol
Sabal minor 'Louisiana' on the shores of lake pontchartrain. ( notice the classic s.minor fronds, no matter how tall )
Photobucket

o

One of the best Sabals(esp for those of us over 40 that can't wait forever)for growth speed!
This is one of my favorites along with McCurtain,Brazoria and Lisa...all are reasonably fast and beautiful palms(-:

My S.Lou's put out an avg of 4-5 leaves a year,on par with a slow Trachy.

o

Dixieboy I hope your still around in then to see my photos.

Jim, my Louisiana hasn't been in the ground but a year so its not up to speed yet. Cannot wait. These are coming from Yuccado which always sends great stuff. Also order another Savannah Ga. I love the bluish fronds on my other one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here