Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bottle palms two angles

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 9:48

Ok, ;ets see if i can post the pictures directly into this. Here are my two bottle palms. I think this is their 3rd summer. The smaller one got blown over at the roots in April and was really shaky. I thought it might be a gonner but a warm summer and two fronds later it is healthy as ever. Hey it worked!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bottle palms two angles

Congrats on figuring out how to post pics!! And your bottle palms look nice too. My bottle palm was also blown over at the roots but it didnt really have any more problems after I gave it more soil to support itself. My bottle didnt do so great this year but I did get 3 fronds out of. Even without its bottle trunk, they are still really nice palms. The fronds are so uniform and nice!
Good luck!
-Alex

o
RE: bottle palms two angles

Alex-
I'm glad your made it. Mine would tip completely over so I needed to prop it up with a few stones. Now it is firmly in the soil. They do have pretty wide trunks but it will be fun to see them finally get that bottle shape. Good luck and thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here