Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andyandy_gw

The palm Rotation starts Monday

andyandy
12 years ago

We are looking at a major cool off after the weekend. We're supposed to have some humid high 80s this weekend but then highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s. Bitter sweet as that will feel awesome and I will be able to open my house again but it will mean a big time slow down in growth. I will move all of the palms during the week to the south side of my house. My house is brick so it means it is proably 10 degrees warmer during the day then the actual temperature. In addition the days are getting shorter so they will start getting direct sun at around 8-8:30 in the morning instead of 10-11. This should insure they get the same or more direct sun as they've been getting. I did this last year during a little warm up in October and my tall coconut put up a spear overnight after an 83 day. That spear became the new frond that just completely opened up this summer. My hope is I can end up with as much growth as I got last summer. Over the weekends when I'm working/hanging in the yard I'll move them back.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner