Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally

Posted by earthworm73 WA z8b (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 9:58

I've been waiting all season for this but we have finally gotten into a stable summer like pattern for the past week. Albiet the nights are still a little cool. In response to this all of my palms seem to be working on opening a frond that were in suspended animation. (I hope I am not imagining this)In celebration I will give them a shot of homemade compost tea. I checked this morning and the concoction has nice heavy head on top which means if full of goodies. I hope my palms like the brew but don't get too drunk. They deserve a drink after what they've put up with this "summer". (Toast arm up) Here's to a warm fall, mild winter and an even warmer summer 2012.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally

God, please not warmer! I'll trade you 10 degrees of daily high temperatures for a soaking rain just once a week.

o

Good to hear, I hope it keeps up for you. The last time I was in California was when I was 14 (28 years ago). My Grandmother and I stayed with my aunt and cousins in Lafayette from late July-Late August and it was +100 every day.

o

Congrats on the summer weather! I have a good feeling that summer will last into fall by you.
-Alex

o

Thanks all.
@ wetsuiter you got yourself a deal. Although we are usually dry during the summer we had a 5 hours rain this past weekend that I'm sure you would have loved.

@ andy 100* this year in Cali are few and far between except in the inlands desert. Everybody else is below normal.

@ Alex I hope you are right about that. I'm also hoping we have a winter like '09 which was a 9A winter. If memeory serves me right we never got lower than like 28 or 29*. That was nice. But I'm sure that's wishful thinking.

Anybody have an opinion on the farmer's almanac? Are their prediction relatively ballpark or what?

o

I can't remember the last soaking rain we had, let alone a five hour rain. The last few "showers" didn't even wet the sidewalk under my front tree.

o

"Anybody have an opinion on the farmer's almanac? Are their prediction relatively ballpark or what?"

Entertainment only!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here