Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prior to the storm

Posted by trishmick z7NJ (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 27, 11 at 10:39

Maybe there should be a "hurricane" forum on here. Anyway, here are some pics before we get the brunt of this thing...

I've recently posted pics of this house. Looks like this now. We'll see after Sun. Again, this place is directly across from the beach. Minor note: I spoke with the owner Mon. morning (young guy I might add with a Ferrarri and Bentley in the driveway) and asked if he was familiar with Windmill palms. He knew nothing about them, but will talk to his palm guy. Told him I love that they plant them every year and got the impression he just doesn't care that they die off when the weather changes...

Photobucket

Our beachfront looking south...

Photobucket

And north...

Photobucket

And just a shot of my son yesterday morning. That house is across from here...

Photobucket

I've brought in all potted tropicals and secured the lawn furniture. Might cover my tiki bar since the thatch is new. We are about a mile from the beach, so we'll see. Damage around here typically comes from Noreasters in the Winter or Fall. Back in '92 the entire coast was essentially wiped out . Tropical systems are rarely painful. This might be an exception...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prior to the storm

Nice pics.

I like the first pic,"Come on Irene"(Eileen)

Another line in the song goes-

"at this moment you mean everything"

So true.

Go Toora Loora Toora Loo

o
RE: Prior to the storm

I really like that first pic! Looks like somewhere in the Carribean! Great shots of the beach also!
Good luck! Im hoping for the best here in NYC also.
-Alex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here