Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
high for the summer could be today or tomm.

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 12:49

94 is the hottest day here so far. That may go down today. It's not even 1:00 yet and it is 90. Tommorow is supposed to be even warmer.

Partly Cloudy
Temperature:
90F
Feels Like: 92
Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0 in
Snow: 0 in
Wind:
From W at 2mph
Links:

15-min Details
Webcam
Video
Breakdown:
Humidity:
43%
Dew Point:
Pressure:
30.28 in
Visibility:
10.0 mi
UV Index:
5 - Moderate
Sunrise Information:
Daylight Remaining: 7 hrs 27 min
Through 6pm: Mostly sunny with temperatures steady near 89F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: high for the summer could be today or tomm.

Hot on the East coast too but not the max (that was back in July when it went to 102 F.) Into 90's through Thursday then possible tropical storm/hurricane conditions on Saturday. Yes, it's been a HOT summer but not that humid--especially August. Just cleaned out the greenhouse/garage for possible placement of plants in event of hurricane. Believe me, I don't want to have to do this if at all possible--too much of the growing season remains and it's too hot in my 'greenhouse' for the plants right now (mostly I keep the date palmss, Washingtonias and citrus in there). I cannot do daily watering in there as I do currently outside. I wouldn't mind the rain from a hurricane but I hate the wind. We had a BAD nor'ester in March--(probably the worst wind I ever remember in my life here) with gusts to hurricane force and over for 24 hours! Right now, it's about 90 F., not a single cloud, dry, not a leaf is moving, and it's sooo quiet. Somethin' big is coming!

o

Topped out at 93, we were headed into the mid-upper 90s but then the clouds rolled in. It's been very warm but the humidity is only 33%. Right now back to about 90. Hopefully the high preasure over the the land right now will hold the huricane at bay and push it up into the North Atlantic.

o

From your mouth to... Peace out.

o

What's your towns name Andy?

I have forgotten it many times already.

o

It hit 101 degF yesterday in Tecumseh, Michigan.

Ouch!

We haven't had any real measurable rain in SE Oakland County since right after 4th of July.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here