Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samoan dwarf coconut palm?

Posted by Hunter_M Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 12, 11 at 14:38

Anyone have one? Also, do you know where I can buy one? There is someone on ebay selling them but those are expensive.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samoan dwarf coconut palm?

I dont think its worth growing the dwarf ones in pots because any coconut is going to act like a dwarf when potted. I was thnking about the same coconut a few years back, but it wasnt worth the price on ebay. I think the dwarfs are only worth growing in the tropics since its resistant to lethal yellowing and the fruit is much easier to pick on the dwarfs than the talls.
-Alex

o

how much are they asking?

o

There are two but it now listings and one auction. The auction has a startind bid of 24.99 with 19.61 shipping. That is just the coconut not a sprout. One but it now is for the coconut and is 29.99 plus 19.61 shipping. The other buy it now is 60.00 with free shipping.
Alex: do you know what kind yours is? I like yours.

o

Im not sure what kind of coconut I have, but I dont think its a tall (Might be a Malayan Dwarf Coconut which is kind of a medium sized coconut). It grows differently than my tall that I got from Hawaii (more compact).
-Alex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here