Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
us_marine

Only 1 frond is having problems....hmmm

us_marine
11 years ago

As soon as I can find the charger to my camera I'll post some pics. My phone doesn't take good enough pics to show you what I am talking about. The 2nd to oldest frond on my coco is showing some interesting discoloration/damage of some kind. It's browning in spots in an weird randomish pattern but they are very small. To me almost like a burn of some kind, like dry spots from too much sun. They are too small and don't quite look brown enough or enough like the browning on the sick new coco's from a while back. They are also not just at yellowing tissue near the tips, but also in green tissue as well near the middle of the frond.

And its pretty much just on that one frond. And the damage does seem to get worse, but the frond is pretty much ok. Pretty much other than that one frond the rest of the fronds are just fine. The palm was recently transplanted. The new frond appears to still be getting taller and opening and the spear in the center looks to be getting larger. So idk yet forsure. lol Maybe fertilzer burn of some kind? I just hope that it isn't the same fungus that came with the 2 new coco's.

Any ideas before I can take good pics?

Thanks,

- US_Marine

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner