Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow Barhi dates

Posted by softmentor z9/sunset13 CA deser (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 15:23

I know this site is not for commercial use and I have never put things for sale here but I'm hoping you can help me a little and give me a little grace here. (I have done trades but never tried to sell outright.) I have Barhi dates and I am shipping the fresh yellow dates now (yellow crisp like a grape, not dry like a raisin) Not all dates can be eaten yellow, but Barhi are very good and very sweet yellow.
I just had about 200 pounds rejected for being too small. The truth is the smaller ones are sweeter (and earlier) but it seems the buyers this year are starting to reject the smaller ones. I usually sell my yellow for $4.50 a pound, but I need to sell these fast now since they are already picked. I will sell them for $1.50 a pound plus shipping if you will take them right away and I can ship them monday.
Thank you all for your understanding. I just hate to waste this perfectly good fruit that just happens to be a little bit small but tastes GREAT.
Arthur
760 485-9178
softmentor@netzero.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
free dates

on second thought, I agree it's not right to sell so...
they are free. Or trade me for ???? Just pay shipping.
Again, I just hate the idea of them going to waste. So, if you have never tried fresh dates, here is your chance.
FREE DATES
Arthur

o
RE: yellow Barhi dates

They are all spoken for.
Those of you who asked for them, I should have them all shipped out today. I'll send you email to confirm and I hope you enjoy them.

Arthur

o

I have received a few calls about yellow dates. Yes they are in season now till the end of September.

Arthur

o

I got some of your dates in 2008, and they were wonderful. I think I probably have a couple of packages still buried somewhere in the depths of my freezer, they should be OK because I packaged them really well and used one of those vacuum seal gizmos. Thanks again, and good luck on the 2010 season.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here