Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dixieboy_gw

Your preference please?

dixieboy
12 years ago

The first three pics are what i'm calling the tree stump photos, taken on different days, with different lighting & distance, out of curiosity, which one of the three is your preference?? Included 4 sunrise pics i took here a few days back. Thanks

{{gwi:1145619}}

{{gwi:1137162}}

{{gwi:1137163}}

{{gwi:1134480}}

{{gwi:1143427}}

{{gwi:1156600}}

{{gwi:1145620}}

Comments (10)

• trishmick
    12 years ago

Me...I think the 3rd one looks best. Some depth to the pic with a little mist in the back. But....I think I'd like to be sitting on that dock at sunrise with a good cup of coffee and a fishin' pole...Fall run of snapper and blues about ready to begin here.

• butiaman
    12 years ago

Hey dixieboy,
    I like all of them but if I had to pick,it would be the 2nd one.I would raise the camera up enough to get the stump out of the shot tho.By the way,love the shots of the sunrise over the water.With that view I would be out on that dock every morning.What a way to start a new day.
    Randy

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago

I like the second one too. I love the palmetto and the tall pines. It remindes me of my south carolina vacation!
    -Hunter

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

I'd go with the second !

Very nice sunrise pics! I cant get a good sunrise or sunset pic by my house (I'd probably have to walk to the beach so there werent any houses blocking the view!). I think I would be outside every day watching the sunrise if I had that great of a view from my yard!
    -Alex

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Carl,

I love all of the pics, but if i had to pick the "stump" photos...i like pic# 2

As far as the sunrise pics...i couldn't pic a favorite. They are all beautiful...and they say that we dont have beautiful sunrises like Ca has sunsets...HA!

They look just as beautiful as the pics of the sunsets in Hawaii!

"Sitting on the dock of the bay..."

"toes in the sand..." life is good today!!!

Thanks for the wonderful Pictures...makes me want to pull up a beach chair, good musicc, great company...AHHH...A cool one would be great too!

Thanks for the pics!!!

Laura in VB

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Trishmick, Randy, Hunter, Alex & Laura, thank you for the opinions on behalf of my curiosity, i was leaning towards #3 only because it was a smokey day & added a little 'texture' in the air. lol

Thank you also for the sunrise compliments & this pic is looking in the opposite direction at sunset. Thanks again everyone!
    {{gwi:1156601}}

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    12 years ago

#3 gets my vote as well. The main reason being the humidity in the air adds depth, and causes the shorter trees to really pop out against the background of the very tall conifers. (loblolly pines i suspect?) While photo #2 is very nice as well, and very crisp that same sharpness works against you in the sense that the palms and other shorter trees in the foreground have the same color saturation / sharpness as the tall conifers int he background, thus giving it a more flat, 2 dimensional look to it, at least to me. Make sense?

All are great pics though! Thanks for sharing them.

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the response!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hey Carl.

I do agree with Ken on why he likes pic#3 ( HI KEN!!!)
    i think that i went with number 2 only because we have had so much smoke in our area form all the swamp fires. Before it was the fires down in NC. Now we have the huge fire burning in the Great Dismal Swamp. So when we get those winds from the south, we get that look. SO, i tend to like the clear look of the pics.

Makes it look so crisp and clean.

OK, now i have another favorite on the water....oh, my!!!

What a view...you do like Zac Brown dont you? "Got my toes in the water , A** in the sand..." LOL thats what those pics remind me of. I cant help but gasp at the first photo of the water after the stump pics...quite stunning!!!

Please keep then coming!!!

Laura in VB

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha! That makes sense Laura!!! Thanks again.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus