Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butiaman

A few late summer pics.

butiaman
12 years ago

I've not posted any pics.this year,so here's a few.

Looking from my front pourch towards my driveway.

Looking back at my house.

Phoenix Theo

Phoenix Sylvester

Green Med.Fan.

Silver Med.Fan

A few Bananas.

Siam Tulips.

Baby Silver Med.Fan.

T.Fortunei x Wagnerianus.

A couple Crapes.

T. Wagnerianus

Baby Agaves

Sago Palm

More baby Silver Med.Fan Palms.

Variegated Yucca and another Silver Med.Fan.

Texas Star Hibiscus getting tall.

Japanese Maple

That's all for now.Sorry I said a few pics,I got carried away.Thanks for looking.

Randy

Comments (9)

• dixieboy
    12 years ago

Randy, nice assortment of the plants we like, looks like the beginnings of a nursery!! lol Nice to have all those choices!

• butiaman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks dixieboy,
    That means a lot coming from you.I have many more potted palms,but I thought that was enough pics.of them.I cant afford to buy those 20ft palms,I have to grow them from seeds or seedlings.Johny gave me a Sabal Minor(Cape Hatteras Giant)seedling.It has some really fat strap leaves,compared to the Sabal Palmetto seedlings.I'll post some pics.of my Sabal palms soon.There all planted in the ground except for the 15gal.Sabal Birmingham,and the Cape Hatteras.I want to grow them as big as possible before setting them out.Can you see why I like the Silver Med.fan palms so?
    Randy

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Awesome pics! Things look like they are doing great for you! You have a nice variety!
    Thanks for sharing! Glad things are doing well!
    -Alex

• jimhardy
    12 years ago

Great pics-not to leave anything out but....
    I love the C.cerifera,WagxFort and Waggie.
    Very healthy and happy!!

• brooklyngreg
    12 years ago

Hi Randy,

The bananas hide the tracks and add privacy and a southern look. It all looks good. What happened to your butia photos you were going to post:)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hey Randy,

I think your yard looks awesome!!!

Strong work on all of the babies...Im so impressed !!

Everything looks so healthy and green...you are doing everything right!!!

: ) Love the Texas Star!!! They look great where you have them!!! I bet you do get lots of interest in them...LOL

Thanks for the beautiful pics..

Take care everyone,

Laura in VB

• butiaman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the remarks everyone.

Carl,
    I have so many potted plants that I dont know where im going to put them all this winter,LOL.I hope that storm does'nt hit your area.It would be a shame to loose all those great plants.By the way I do sell plants.

Alex,
    I'm sorry I havent had time to comment on your pics. lately.I've seen most of them,and from what I did see,it looked like you've added more plants to your collection.Everythig looked very happy and healthy.I think im getting close to having as many potted plants as you have.

Greg,
    I forgot about the Butia pictures.I'll post some pics.in a few days.The bananas do help hide the trains,but it does'nt help hide the sound at all,LOL.

Laura,
    Yea,I get some strange looks and cars going by very slowly.One of Douglasville's fine units(Drug Task Force) went by one day with his window down,driving very slowly and just stareing at those Hibiscus plants before they had started blooming.You know what he thought they were,LOL.If I was going to grow some of that stuff,it wouldent be in front of my house.Give me a break,that's our local police for you.

Thanks again for all your compliments,it's been alot of work keeping everything looking good this year.We've not had any rain in two months now.Yesterday was our hottest day of the year,*98f.I think I need to learn the rain dance.I'll post more pics.soon.
    Randy

• brooklyngreg
    12 years ago

Hey Randy,
    The house looks good. Laura sent me some red Hibiscus that looks the same as yours. Do they spread? I look forward to the butia pics.

PS. Laura my hibiscus really did well this year and thanks again. It added red color to the garden during a time when other plants aren't blooming. The hieght of the color was great too.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hey Greg,

Yes, they will spread. The seed pods have so many seeds in each one and they will pop up next year. Just keep a look out for them and you will see lots of new volunteers everywhere!!! Some times i just pull them out and place them elsewhere, they are so easy to transplant!!!

Glad to here that they spread some color to your garden!!!!

Hope all is well up in NY...

Batten down the hatches!!!

Give Penny a treat for me!!! : )

Laura in VB

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks