Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunter_m_gw

Video tour of my plants.

Hunter_M
12 years ago

Ive never posted a video before ever, so I sounded a little nervous. Sorry if I sound wierd. The camera's microphone messes it up.

Hope you enjoy! I tried a direct link to the video but it didnt work. Its the first thing in my album.

-Hunter

http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z323/palmspalmspalms/

Comments (3)

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Nice! Everything looks good! The velutina got a bit bent up from the wind, but it will definitely outgrow that! My bananas always look like that when they go outside for the summer, and they outgrow it in a few weeks. The curled leaf that you were worried about on your banana is just a new leaf comming up! It will open up in about another 2 or 3 days by the looks of it. Banana leaves come up a bit different than palm trees and actually most other plants!

Everything looks great! Im looking forward to seeing the plumeria seedlings come up and that plumeria is on its way to getting established! Usually when it starts making new leaves, it means that its starting to get roots. I think by the end of the month, it should have a pretty good number of leaves!

It was hard to tell in the video, but I do think that the pink thing on your velutina is another flower so even though one of the blooms didnt work out for you, at least you have another to watch!

I dug up a queen palm from vacation about 7, maybe 8, years ago and it was about the size that your Sabal Palmetto is in your pic. My queen palm is to feet tall now (it would be a giant if it didnt get neglected through its early life and if it wasnt in a pot). Either way, its one of my favorite palms because I watched it grow for such a long time! Its not the prettiest palm, but Its been there longer than any of my others!

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to more!
    -Alex

• Hunter_M
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks,Alex! Your right! I woke up this morning to find this on my banana:

It didnt look anything like that ysterday! Sometimes Im amazed at what plants can do in just one day.

Also I awoke to see my coconut's shoot starting to split open. The only probelem is that it looks like its way to premature to be opening up. Are they supposed to do that?

Thanks!
    -Hunter

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Glad that your banana is making some more fruit and it is definitely normal for a coconut to make new fronds like that. Looks like August will be another good month for you plants!
    -Alex