Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunter_m_gw

Update!

Hunter_M
12 years ago

Sorry about all my updates, but I love updating them.

Ill start with plumeria #1:

Plumeria #2. I feel so thankful that Laura gave this to me. It means so much. Thank you laura!:

My little Orange collar palm. I really love this little guy. I know its in an Ohio state pot. Its all I had!LOL!!

My palmetto. I noticed a little bump at the bottom of the leaf. I hope its a new leaf! This little guy has been through alot! Being dug up, put in a cup for a week, then repotted again. Its a little trooper!:

Musa velutina:

The main bloom on it:

The second bloom that popped up a few days ago:

My little windmill:

New frond and shoot:

Needle:

My majesty. Its one of my favorite palms to watch as it grows!:

Another shoot coming up on it. I always wonder where it gets the room to put up all these fronds!:

My chinese fan palm. I got it the same day as my orange collar palm:

And now my coconut!:

The pair of fronds coming up on it:

I didnt include the yucca because there is not much going on with it. I cut off all of the leaves on the sucker just to see if they will grow back or not. There is also either a weed of another sucker growing on it. I dont want to pull it out because Im afraid just in case its a sucker. I put it inside to protect it from the rain.

I hope everybody that was in Hurricane Irine is ok!!

Thanks for looking!

-Hunter

Comments (13)

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Everything is looking great! Im glad to see the plumerias are doing well. They are really going to grow a ton next summer! You might even get some blooms next summer, but if not next summer, then probably the summer after!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Alex

• jimhardy
    12 years ago

Good job Hunter!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hunter,

Everthing looks wonderful!!!

Congratulations on doing a great job!!!

The plumeria look great, but remember that the one that i sent to you is planted in the "gritty mix" and needs more water than the other plumeria...that other soil looks like it has a lot of peat in it. It will be fine, but the one in the lighter mix needs water more often the others in reg soil.

You are doing a great job!

I love the "Buckeye" container..."GO BUCKS" even tho my heart is with the "Hokies" LOL i still love the Buckeyes too!

Looking good in Ohio!!!

When are you all moving?

Take care,

Laura in VB

• bradleyo_gw
    12 years ago

Everything is looking good except for that pot, without question the ugliest container I've ever seen. Glad to see a real team coming to the Big whatever they are now conference. Go Huskers!

• Hunter_M
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL! I hate the Bucks,too! It was the only pot I had that would fit that palms long roots. I dont like the bucks! Honest! I like the Hokies! I hope my palm dosnt die because of the pot its in.:)
    -Hunter

12 years ago

LOL!!! You guys are so bad!!!

That container looks great!!!

GO HOKIES!!!!

LOL...

Laura in VB

• bradleyo_gw
    12 years ago

Your plant most certainly will die if it stays in that cursed, wretched, horrible thing. My suggestion, buy a fresh pot, have the palm exorcised of its demons, smash the pot into as many pieces as possible and line the bottom of a fire pit with it. Create the largest fire you've ever built and then pee on it. That should get rid of any evil effects it has already had upon your palm. I will pray for the health of your plant!

• Hunter_M
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL I love this forum!
    bradleyo: Dont worry! I will get to it ASAP!!! LOL!!

Laura: Haha, GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!! I dont care if Im in Ohio, Kentucky, or anywhere else, I will still love the Hokies!
    Sorry I didnt answer your question. I will be moving I think in Nov. or Dec.
    GO HOKIES!!
    -Hunter

12 years ago

Bradleyo....i cant stop laughing....Way to funny!!!!

Thanks for manking me laugh so hard!!!!

Pee in it? OMG!!!!

I guess you really dont like the Buckeyes!!! LMAO!!!!

Hi HUnter.... ill take the poor pot...id even pay to have it sent to me....please dont call the demons in to get rid of this poor container...its not his fault its in your yard... it just needs to feel the love....LOL

Thanks for the great chuckle....i needed it!!! : )

Laura in VB

• Hunter_M
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Laura, if you really want it I could probably send it to you, but Im kind of afraid it might break during shipping because I dont have anything to protect it with. Do you really want it because I could try and ship it to you.

12 years ago

Hunter,

You are so sweet to even think of sending it to me....If you ever decide to break it and smash it on even do things to it that we cant mention on the forum, then ill save it!!! LOL...please keep it and use it!! It would probably break anyway,but you are so kind to offer...just dont send it to Bradleyo!!!! LOL

He would do things to it tht would make the paint peel off of the continer...LMAO!!!!

Oh Boy!!!! Thanks for the great laughter today..i have been chuckling all day over this post!!!

Take care everyone...

Hunter...your palms look amazing, great job!!!!

Take care,

Laura in VB

• Tangobutt
    12 years ago

Send the pot up here to Ann Arbor. I'll put it in the intersection of State St and South University. I'm sure the U of M students will find something to do with it!

12 years ago

That was a nother worry...LOL U of M studennts.....

Id reslly rescure this poir contsiner,,lol....

it need some southeren love!!!! LMAO!!

take everyone...

Laura IN VB

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County