Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain! Liquid Gold

Posted by earthworm73 WA z8b (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 20:16

To some of yall in the "drought belt" this will seem like nothing but today we are having an all day rain event after not having any rain for the past 3-4 weeks. All day rain (or any measureable rain) in August is very rare in our area. The last very days have seen the hottest temps of the year so far. And now rain. I believe Andy from Michigan posted a month ago about the growth explosion after a long period without rain. I am expecting the same thing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain! Liquid Gold

Congrats on the rain! I had the same problem here in July (about a month of almost no rain with 3 days well into the 100s and almost every other day into the 90s). Now this month, I cant get rid of the rain. If Hurricane Irlene follows the path that is currently forecasted, not only will it bring some wind damage here in NYC, but it will also probably bring the monthly rain total in my yard to around 20 inches!
But even with this huge surplus of rain, I still notice a nice explosion of growth when the sun comes back out!
-Alex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here