Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chachacharlie

Maui - Vacation LOTS of pictures

chachacharlie
12 years ago

Hey peeps! Aloha! Here are some pictures of our vacation to beautiful Maui. Just didn't want to come back! The myriad of tropical plants, palms, flowers, gorgeous geography, warm ocean (81 degree water), warm rains, mugginess, intense tropical sun (the sun was directly at 90 degrees over the sky while we were there)...plus the fact that it reminds me of my home country (Panama) makes me want to stay every time we go. We stayed in Ka'anapali, but the pictures are from pretty much all over the island. We went to this AMAZING botanical garden called "Garden of Eden" on the windward side (lots of pics) - highly recommended...Anyway, there are lots of cool pics for you guys to enjoy..so ENJOY! :)

Sunsets in Ka'anapali:

Garden of Eden

Beach areas or Ka'anapali:

On a hike:

Comments (7)

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

That is soooooo pretty! I want to go to hawaii soo bad. Its my number one place I want to visit. Did you bring back anything? And if you dont mind me asking,was the trip real expensive?
    It looks soo great there. I really want to see a real mature coconut palm like those in the pics.
    It looked like a fun trip.:)
    -Hunter

• chadec7a
    12 years ago

Wow,I really enjoyed the pics. I need to visit some time. I have family from there, but I have never been.

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Wow, beautiful pics! I went last year and I want to go back more than anything! Every pic I took was good enough for a post card (and it has nothing to do with my picture taking, but everything to do with the beauty everywhere in Hawaii!) Definitely the most beautiful state for tropicals. The water is clear and beautiful, the mountains are stunning and unreal, and every plant does amazing there! The coconuts do so well that the hotels have a hard time keeping up with pruning the coconuts off (its a law in the United States to have all coconuts cut off of coconut palms when in public places (since coconuts are deadly if they fall on someone's head). However, out in the towns, you can see some beautiful coconuts growing on the coconut trees in people's yards (as well as bananas, plumerias, papayas, mangos, and tons of others!).
    -Alex

• andyandy
    12 years ago

Awesome, thank you for sharing

• dixieboy
    12 years ago

Stunning photos, glad you enjoyed your stay!

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing! Great photos. I too would love to go there some day. I think I would want to live at some elevation though. The only thing I would say about HI is that there are almost too MANY Coconut palms. I like a little variety. Still, stunning place for sure. That Plumeria (the huge one over the roof of that building) is, well, HUGE!!!! Stunning! I think the one in the 8th photo up from the bottom is also a dwarf plumeria. I have one of those as well and it has grown like gang busters this summer. They are slower growers, but they are just as beautiful! Thanks again for the great pics!

Oh, btw. Hunter_M You can go to south Florida (Tampa on south on the west, and Palm Beach on south on the east (i think) and see coconut palms like that. I remember my trip to Miami well, and they are everywhere.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

MY, OH MY....

What beautiful pictures!!! You captured the true beauty of the Island and the vivid stunning colors!!

Great job on the Photos!!

Sounds like you had a great time in Maui!!!

I love those sunsets there...

Reninds me of the Zac Brown song..."Life is good today.."

Hello Ken!!! I ve been thinking of you and haven't seen you post lately...We need to catch up!!! Still in Old A?

Take care everyone..

Laura in VB

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia