Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chadec

Aug. yard update

chadec
10 years ago

Sorry I haven't been around much. Work has been extremely busy. Still have quite a bit of garden that hasn't been completed. But I'll show a little bit of everything.

{{gwi:1159995}}

Pindo in the photo was trunk cut back in early April.

Thanks for looking,

Chad

Comments (15)

• tropicalzone7
    10 years ago

Very nice pics! Everything has grown so much this year. Those bananas are huge and the palms are getting big too! Your palmetto looks really nice. It is definitely starting to get some trunk on it now. The Butia, Trachys, and med fan palms look nice too!

Thanks for sharing!
    -Alex

• bradleyo_gw
    10 years ago

Very nice pics! Everthing looks very healthy and growing fairly quickly. Keep us updated.

• jimhardy
    10 years ago

Serious WOW dude ( :

Everything looks awesome....your potted Princeps looks great.
    Is that another in the ground next to the blue wall?

The one in the pot has gotten huge-will it be going in the ground next year?(-; (-:

btw
    Love the(generic term) "EE's"

• chadec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys,

Alex, it seems that the over abundance of rain and lack of severe heat has really helped some plants. Just not sure whats going on with my Palmetto in the front yard. Its not growing like I would like.

Bradleyo, imagine most everything in my yard gets protected by a frost cloth or a plastic pot. The possibilities are endless: )

Thanks Jim. Yep, that's my smallest prince beside the building. If it makes it through the winter, I'll be looking for a really good spot for the larger one. I'm really surprised by my EE's. I guess its the rain, since they are sort of water plants. However my black EE's are sucking this year.

• jimhardy
    10 years ago

Those black EE"s can be a pain,sometimes taking for ever to get going and than pltttttt.

The year we had serious the flooding all the bananas/EE's,tropicals got huge!

You just can simulate that,maybe come close if you can irrigate.

• jacklord
    10 years ago

In 10 years your place will look like Samoa.

• chadec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jim, I guess I will be hoping for lots of rain every year. Cause irrigation is out of the question.

Jacklord, I can only hope. I still have 15 seedlings that I havent photographed. And over a hundred agave and cacti to go in the ground.

• statenislandpalm7a
    10 years ago

Everything looks great. That sabal minor is huge!

• statenislandpalm7a
    10 years ago

Everything looks great. That sabal minor is huge!

• statenislandpalm7a
    10 years ago

Sorry for double posting

• chadec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Statenisland, My oldest minors are going on 6' and the inflo's are over 10'.

Here a few more pics.

3yr old weeping willow is growing like crazy.

Baby B. Armata

two of my favorite agaves Potatorum 'Cubic' and Neomexicana 'Sunspot'

• theseventhlegend
    10 years ago

Very impressive.

• tropicalzone7
    10 years ago

Beautiful pics! Where did you get your Brahea from? I've been looking for a decent sized one for a while for a good price but still no luck. They seem like great palms.
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Alex

• jimhardy
    10 years ago

Try e-bay

• chadec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys,

Yep Jim, mine came from ebay. I paid 24$ for it.