Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalzone7_gw

August 2011 Update of My yard...

tropicalzone7
12 years ago

It was suppose to be cloudy and rainy today, but we ended up getting a bit of sun (and a lot of humidity to match) so I decided to take a few pics around the yard..

Usually my airplants flower in the Fall, but they decided to bloom early this year.

Ball moss

My tallest and oldest plumeria is making its second bloom ever! The plant is about 7 feet tall, but it leans a bit so its actually a little taller. The flowers are small (compared to other plumerias) and a nice red color. I cant wait for the blooms!

My Plumeria "Pretty Princess" is now becoming a reliable bloomwer! The only problem is that its a late bloomer. Usually if the inflos are very young when they are taken inside, they will bloom well inside, but if the inflos developed outside, they will drop almost as soon as they go inside for the winter.

Plumeria divine

There are inflos on almost every branch of my Plumeria "Divine". Im hoping for a warm September, but usually Divine has no problem blooming well into October.

Painted Lady Hibiscus

Lantanas planted underneath my coconut palm

This desert rose had a really hard time earlier this summer, but after some dieback and leaf drop, it did grow back and now it has at least 20 buds! Heres one of its first blooms! I think this desert rose is called "Rasberry Ice"

The answer to quick papaya growth is plant food. I gave my papaya plant food in late july and it grew 6 inches taller in one week!!

Livistonia in its second summer in the ground and 4th summer in my yard. (Trunk of my Thai Black Banana is to the left and some purple hearts are below it)

Some lantana I planted in the ground

Finally some canna blooms!

This is one of my healthier cannas. I cant wait for this one to bloom! I have no idea of the banana, but they were described as a "Coral" color when I bought them.

Ice cream banana

Windmill palm in its third summer. Its really growing fast this year. I also like how this one has very white undersides unlike my others.

Orchids love being outside!

One of my favorite combo of plants in my yard.

Dicksonia Antarctica and some peace lilies

My windmill palm in its second summer and my camellia "Kramers Supreme". Kramers Supreme is a pretty tender camellia so I will be giving it protection

My Saba and Spiral ginger

Potted Elephant ears

Pool view

Some plumerias

Anyone else with Crape Myrtle "Zuni" notice its a late bloomer? Mine is just making its first blooms of the year now! All the other crapes in my neighborhood have been blooming for weeks now!

Cone flower

Umbrella palm

Sabal minor seeds

Frost Proof Gardenia

Spiral ginger pup.

Brugmansia making its second flush of the year

Thanks for looking!

-Alex

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews