Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimhardy_gw

Yet more pics part ll

jimhardy
10 years ago

Sorry if any are repeats..

Even the seed pods on this Manfreda Maculosa are beautiful.

L.Ramsayi and L.Grandis in there somewhere.

This color of 4 o'clock is stunning and actually looks like this in the evening.

Same with the Butterfly bushes,the color is intense...fragrance too!

Star power..

Big leaf fan..

The other side of the Sequoia...

At about 7 o'clock on this Tricho you can see where I marked it with black marker,the rest(up) is this years growth

Little Takil,2 winters(protected)no s-pull.

Do you see the yardstick?

Almost a 3' span on the leaves.

The shorter one below(different variety)may be as wide.

Maybe my favorite 4:00 flower color(s).

Thanks(again) for looking!

Comments (9)

• chadec
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Those 4:00s are beautiful. Your L. Grandis looks really good. Maybe I should put mine in more shade? This being my first year with casters, I'm not sure why mine are not as big as yours. Could you be starting them in pots for early growth?

• tropicalzone7
    10 years ago

Amazing pics! Everything is so huge! I really like the licualas. They are a really nice size and look very healthy and happy. That washy is a beauty also. The sequoia is growing incredibly well also. They should be planted more in Iowa (and over in my area too!). Sequoias are such beautiful trees and apparently pretty hardy to a lot of weather factors!

Thanks for sharing!
    -Alex

• jimhardy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Chad

Its funny what can grow on you in the garden,fun that they come back,flower profusely and smell so amazing.

I have used fert on the Castors but also compost which I know they love and is much less likely to burn them-they are more sensitive to N than bananas.

Other than that heat,sun and lots of water.

They actually were started at least a month later than last year,interesting that I see no flowers eminent on any of them for some reason...last year some of the New Zealand purple were flowering at 2' and the biggest green Castor flowered and set seed at 5.5'.

The Licuala both did much better inside over winter out of the south window(I put them in an east window)and out side they like the deep shade but they do get an hour or 2 of direct sun-they will not tolerate dry heat in the sun.

Thanks Alex

I agree,the Sequoia is a wonderful tree and getting enough sap now that it has great fragrance of earthy pine scent near it.
    Will be fun to see (hope I see it)the trunk rise up,it already has a beautiful reddish orange color to it.

The L.Grandis is putting out a much bigger leaf,pretty cool as the only thing better than a really neat looking leaf is a bigger really neat looking leaf!

Thanks for looking in guys....

• jacklord
    10 years ago

Impressive as always Jim.

• statenislandpalm7a
    10 years ago

Looks beautiful. The newzealand castors are really colorful and the fouroclock flowers are very bright.

• statenislandpalm7a
    10 years ago

Looks beautiful. The newzealand castors are really colorful and the fouroclock flowers are very bright.

• statenislandpalm7a
    10 years ago

• statenislandpalm7a
    10 years ago

Sorry that was an accident.

• jimhardy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks you guys...