Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have to move some things in

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 8:59

After a couple of days in the 80s (which got my new 8 foot spindle to start pushing up a new spear) they are calling for highs in the low-mid 60s by the middle of vexxt week. That means at least few a few things my more tropical palms will be in their winter spots until it warms up. A few nighs in the mid 40s might not hurt but I never like to take that chanse. it is still only September so hopefully we'll see some more 80s before fall really hits.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have to move some things in

Still warm here and fairly dry though expecting big rain on Tuesday. After cold front mid 70's down to low 50's at night then milder nights. The only things I brought in were one African violet and a few Moth orchids. First first usually in early to mid November so they stay out relatively late. I didn't bring the Queens and cycads in last year till early December.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here