Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
us_marine

Coconut growing season is coming to an end/ update

us_marine
11 years ago

When do most of you guys take your coco's in each winter?

Updates:

Its been a little more than a month since I transplanted my coco. Most fronds don't look all that happy and have yellowed a bit. All except the newest frond which is a dark green especially for its variety. Its still holding the fronds though. And the spear resumed growth and is now opening. There is already another spear growing pretty fast and is about 1/4 the size of opening spear, maybe a little larger. So idk whats going on lol. Its amazing how much growth this one has this year and still keeps growing.

Now I'm still deciding on what to do with my green coco. As far as fungal infections go, I think I pretty much stopped it. I hope. The newest fronds dont seem to infected at all. Only problem is now the two new fronds that are un-affected are having problems. One never fully opened or grew as much as it should, and then the other is very tiny like only a few inches tall and is already opening. Looks like to me they will end up blocking the path for new spears. And even if they dont and it comes out of it will it even have enough energy to survive the winter with only 2 some what ok fronds and only small portions of the old fronds still able to produce sugars? And what about still being able to infect my other coco or get re-infected? Being indoors with the cool temps will cause it to be weaker. So its all really a guess for me at the moment.

-US_Marine

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting