Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's blooming in your palm grove?

Posted by njoasis 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 11, 11 at 16:53

What is giving you color in the palm grotto now that it's mid September. For me it's Butterfly Bush (Buddleia), Crape Myrtles (reds, pinks, magentas and purples), roses, marigolds, Lavender Asters, Yellow coreopsis, Purple clemantis, Magnolia virginiana, and M. grandiflora 'Little Gem.

Here is a link that might be useful: Little Gem

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's blooming in your palm grove?

Right now my Cardinal vine, Brugmansia, Gardenia "Frost Proof" Orchid, Desert Rose, Bougainvillea, hibiscus, Lantana, and Cannas, (and a few others like Portucalas and of course my Plumerias!) are all adding some color to the yard. The bougainvillea is adding the most color though since its in the middle of the yard and is covered with as many blooms as it possibly could be!
-Alex

o
RE: What's blooming in your palm grove?

Most of my summer dormant plants are, well, dormant lol. But some others sun loving, heat loving plants are blooming nicely. My California Fuchsias are in their prime right now, blooming their hearts out. Also the aptenia cordifolia, callistemon and my bougainvilleas are blooming like crazy! I love those royal purple masses of blooms! Erythrina Crista Galli and the echeverias as well as tibouchina urvilleana.

Photobucket
Opuntia Little Rita
Photobucket
Erythrina Crista-galii
Echeveria
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here