Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bananarama and a few odd pics

Posted by jimhardy Iowa 5b? (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 17:44

My little buddy sure likes making faces!

He is a fun little dude!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Purple Castors rule!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Another Castor variety

Photobucket

Photobucket
Forgot to suck my neck in!(-;

Giant reed grass is flowering

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bananarama and a few odd pics

Very nice pics jim!!! Those banana pics are amazing. I cant believe how big they all got! The thai giant is definitely a giant! And the castor beans look amazing also!! I just got my Hibiscus acetosella 'Red Shield' in the mail today and Im hoping that it looks just like a castor bean, only with hibiscus flowers! (And I think its also not poisonous which is a plus.)
Thanks for sharing! Its hard to believe that everything will be covered in snow and taken in soon!
-Alex

o

Cool pics. How hardy is that gunnera?

And them red shoes are groovy man.

o

Hello Jim,

Beautiful pictures!!! Can't believe the detail on all of your pics...quite amazing!! What kind of camera are you using? I love the Thai Giant as well as the Castor Beans...the best pic is of the little one!!! Love the cute face!!!

Take care everyone!!!

Laura in VB

o

Jungle Jim.

o

Thanks guys/gals-

No Gunnera anywhere anymore )-:

The camera really does all the work,you just have to make sure the picture is clear when you click-just a Kodak 8.2 megapixel from Wally-World

o

As you can tell, I dont know jack crap about plants, so let me rephrase. Whats that plant with the big #%@ oval leaves your standing next to? Thats a killer plant. How hardy?

o

That is the legendary Thai giant(Colocasia),bought for $12 from Brains botanicals on E-bay in a 4" pot last spring!

They get seriously big,seriously fast!

o

Here he is back in June-4" pot for reference.

Each leaf nearly doubled as you can see.

Photobucket

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here