Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small update and other pics

Posted by P.J._in_MD z7a (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 18:46

September is a great month to reflect on summer's success...

trachy in Mar 2011

trachy now (fence is 6' high)

nice size trunking yucca I saw while in Texas. This is just North of Arlington.

Back to my yard...my yucca recurvifolia gave a spurt after some much needed rain last week and is now flowering. First time to flower.

The hibiscus had a banner year. Flowers are so large.

I've been wanting to get into macro photography but can't put out $500+ for a lends right now. I did find one for the iPhone that's only $70. These are all without a tripod, which I now need.

Inside the hibiscus shown above.

Had fun photographing this jumping spider. He made a lunge at the phone but didn't win. :)

Inside a begonia.

A close up of crape myrtle flowers.

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small update and other pics

Pretty cool macros for an Iphone! That phone has some amazing photo capabilities. Love the hibiscus macro, very nice.

o

Loved your pics...the huge Yucca and your Trachy growth!

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

o

Thanks! The warm winter of 2011 helped with growth this summer. Let's hope for a 2012 repeat. :)

o

You took those pics with you iphone?! Ive never gotten a pic that good with mine :-( i lug around my DSLR...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here