Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Biggest Pindo in Delaware

Posted by wetsuiter 7b/8a DE Beaches (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 21:29

Well John in NJ kinda stole the thunder with his amazing pindo, but Rick and I went to check on what we believe is the biggest pindo in The First State. I've seen this from a distance, but the other day, Rick's clients were outside and waved us over. This pindo is part of a landscape plan he installed in South Bethany Beach in 2007. This pindo does get winter wrapped and Christmas lights for added warmth. The trunk is easily 2' thick and 4' tall, with a crown of fronds reaching 10' to 12' tall.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

South Bethany neighborhoods are famous for their tidal canals linking a series of inland bays and salt ponds.

One final shot of another pindo in the neighborhood. Thanks for viewing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Biggest Pindo in Delaware

Wow, that is an awesome pindo palm! I cant wait for mine to reach that size one day, although I'll probably have to chop a tree or 2 down in the process!
Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

o

That's beautiful, can't wait for mine to look like that. So far it's about a foot of trunk.

o

Great palm and such a beautiful area!

o

Thanks, guys. These neighborhoods of South Bethany are well hidden from the tourists. They're about a half mile inland, away from the tourist areas of the beach front. The combination of the proximity to the ocean yet being set back from cold winter winds, the canals and nearby bays and canopy of loblolly pines really gives this area the best microclimate along our coast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here