Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find Bismarkias in Ventura County, CA?

Posted by central_cali369 USDA z9b/ Sunset z9 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 2:01

Hi everyone,

I will be heading to Ventura County in a couple of weeks and will have some time to browse some nurseries there. I know the Santa Paula/Oxnard/Ventura areas are dotted with nurseries left and right. I am on the hunt for a bismarkia nobilis and was wondering if any of you in SoCal know of a nursery that carries them. I know Nickle Palm Nursery in Bakersfield carried them, as well as cheap Dypsis Decipiens, but it sadly doesn't look like they're open for business anymore. Any suggestions are welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find Bismarkias in Ventura County, CA?

I am not aware of any Ventura Nursery that carries Bismarckia reliably. Sorry.. in fact, only Nurseries I know of that will always have them are in Orange and San Diego Counties.

o

Thanks Lzrddr. Maybe it's worth calling ahead of time and special ordering one. I called Nickle Palm today and confirmed they're closed for business. He suggested KW Palm Nursery in Lake Elsinore but that's too far out of route for me and i only have a limited amount of time. What are the places you know of in Orange Co?

o

The one you just mentioned is probably the best... Gary Wood's place is just into San Diego county and he may still be open (South Coast Palms)... and some Home Depots have these (though only now and then.. .saw a nice one for sale today at one in the San Fernando Valley)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here