Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Botttles palms

Posted by garyfla 10 Florida (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 8:20

HI
Need a good home!! located in palm beach florida will need a pickup to haul . gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Botttles palms

I want it!!!! Can we wrap it up and stick it on UPS? Some good plastic and tape would work.

o

how i knew you was going to jump on that orchiddude. lol

o

You know it.....I love these palm trees!!!!!

o

Hi
have 5, that were grown from seed two have MUCH more developed "bottles " and would make wonderful pot plants
They are around 8 feet in 25 inch pots and weigh over a hundred ponds so no shipping lol
4 are located on my neighbors yard and they are moving,fear the new owners might not be as understanding.
I got an offer from a local nursery but would much rather see them go to hobbyists. It took 25 years to get them to this point!! gary

o

I understand. I wish I could bring the trailer down and pick them up or knew someone coming this way. It would be an early Christmas present. Find good homes for them...

o

Wish i could take it, i put my two bottles out for what could be the last day til spring. we've been droping into the low mid 40s quiate a bit but they are calling for 78 today. Low 50s on the weekend though, a 1 day warm front

o

Hi
They are rated a zone 10 /11 but they have endured 28 for several hours with a couple of daytime highs of 40/45.
I suspect they would be bigger and more developed had that not happened.
They were grown from seed from the mid eighties and have always been maintained in pots. Not difficult but takes LOTS of time lol gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here