Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
End of season pics

Posted by bradleyo 6a-Pgh (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 11:35

The worst time of the year is here. After a beautiful couple of days in the upper 70's, the upcoming forecast includes several days with lows in the low 30s, frost is right around the corner. It is incredibly dreary and cold, only about 50F right now. These pics are especially for Jim K, for scale I've included a coozy of everyone's favorite team as they prepare to beat the snot out of that other team in Pa tomorrow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Plants that I need to haul in before the first frost.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: End of season pics

Im afraid that much like the banana and palm plants in each area, philly's football team will outlast those in Pittsburgh.

o

I love those pics. WTF!? Beer bottle!

o

Lago, we'll know more by 4pm tomorrow. Must win for the good guys, and the outlaw criminals in green haven't looked very good despite their record, IMHO. Maybe I'm biased....Nah!

Austin - Thanks. It is prudent to include proper scale for all pics. Everyone knows exactly how large a 12 oz bottle is!

o

Great Pictures! Go Steelers! Washingtonias in the ground, and Windmills and Pindos in the pots haha i guess it's the risk factor?!

o

Richard, the washies are getting dug up. I haven't decided where I'm putting the trachies and pindo yet. I still don't have all of my beds done. Everything will look quite different next year. This year was just kind of a year to get everything I moved with me in the ground.

o

Everything looks great-looks like maybe you guys get a little rain now and then too.

o

Jim, lack of rain has not been an issue here, we have had plenty all summer. I just won't seem to dry up at all. I wish I could send some your way!

o

• Posted by knotz 8/PNW SWWA (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 15:06

LOVE the bottle!!...Oh and all your other plants look GREAT!!...GO STEELERS!!!

o

Knotz, the coozy is key. I'm not superstitious or anything, but posting pics of the bottle, along with wearing a Steelers T-shirt, Steelers pants, Steelers socks, and Steelers Crocs, it worked today! Oh that's right, the plants all root for the Steelers too. Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!

o

• Posted by knotz 8/PNW SWWA (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 22:34

It worked bradleyo!!...My hubby was born and raised in Pitts...Keep it going Steelers!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here