Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chadec7a

Final garden pics of the growing season.

chadec7a
12 years ago

Well the garden is starting to go down hill! A few cold nights and one of my Siam Rubys had cold damage to the foilage. So right after these pics were taken several EE's and bananas which I do not wish to protect will be dug up and potted. Then I will have to get the rake out and start to clean all of the maple leaves out of my yard. Can't believe it's already Fall:(

My largest windmill palm

My largest birmingham

My musella lasicarpa

Velvet bananas were planted late and will get potted.

side view of my yard

Sabal minors and agave ovatifolia

Sabal minor and needle palms

yucca aliofolia marginata

{{gwi:1171660}}

A windmill I am trying to get to grow with a lean.

Sabal palmetto tifton hardy is remarkable fast growing even for being in a pot. It has grown 5 fronds this summer. 2 of which were split.

My opuntia imbricata has been slow to take.

agave parryi JC Raulston

agave utahensis v. kaibabensis

{{gwi:1171665}}

agave americana protoamericana

This windmill suffered spear pull. But still is very sick and I am not sure if it will make it through the winter.

My baby brazoria palm

A baby birmingham

agave americana silver surfer

agave lophantha

agave parryi truncata

sabal minor savannah ga.

This pindo is going in the ground next year.

{{gwi:1171675}}

Siam Ruby

new shipment of sabal minor louisianas

agave harvadiana

my view out of the kitchen window

Hope to post some good snow photos, but not too soon!

See ya later!

Chad,

Comments (9)

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Nice pics, especially that musella!! Im trying my Musa Velutinas in the ground this winter with protection so I'll post how they do! If they can survive here, they defintiely can handle anything. I cant say that I will definitely leave them in the ground, because I might decide last minute to just dig them up. We'll see!
    Thanks for sharing. Sad to think they will all be inside or gone when the cold weather comes, but its a good way to just start fresh in the spring!
    -Alex

• jimhardy
    12 years ago

Everything looks great Chad,those Siam are awesome.

Your Imbricata will go nuts next year if it gets through winter.

Definitely something up with that Trachy looks like the leaf
    blades are closed up and it may have some root damage.

You may want to dig that one up if you want to save it.

Yard looks great!(-:

• chadec7a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks guys,

Alex, I ended up leaving a few of those musa veluntinas in the ground. They were offsetting so good that I figured it wouldn't hurt!

Jim you might be right. If you can remember, there use to be another trachy growing from the base of that one. It was much larger with about 2' of trunk. Now whats left of that trachy is starting to rot away and leaving air pockets in the soil. Not sure of the outcome here. But I hope the little guy pulls through. He is a rare looking trachy!

• jimhardy
    12 years ago

I wonder if the other one was the main plant,
    has there been any growth at all out of this one?

• chadec7a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Both had spear pull in march. The smaller one recovered after 2 weeks of provide treatment. The first front is the cut one. The second never fully extended. Now there is a spear coming out but haven't seen any growth in some time.

The larger Trachy did not respond to the provide. After a month I trunk cut it. It was infested and rotted after 2 months and I was forced to put it down.

It was a month ago I noticed pits around the trachy. Assuming the larger one is rotting cause there is no sign of infestation.

• chadec7a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Both had spear pull in march. The smaller one recovered after 2 weeks of provide treatment. The first front is the cut one. The second never fully extended. Now there is a spear coming out but haven't seen any growth in some time.

The larger Trachy did not respond to the provide. After a month I trunk cut it. It was infested and rotted after 2 months and I was forced to put it down.

It was a month ago I noticed pits around the trachy. Assuming the larger one is rotting cause there is no sign of infestation.

• JoelVal5655
    12 years ago

Hey Chad, love those pics! Your yard is beautiful! Can you tell me where you got the Siam Ruby? Oh pinda looks great!

• chadec7a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

JoelVal- Thanks, I ordered the Siam Ruby from Plants Delight nursery out of Raliegh. If they overwinter well, I will have several babys that can be separated. They are not hardy here and I am not sure about how well they will survive inside during the winter. But if they make it your welcome to get some of mine.

• chadec7a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

JoelVal- Thanks, I ordered the Siam Ruby from Plants Delight nursery out of Raliegh. If they overwinter well, I will have several babys that can be separated. They are not hardy here and I am not sure about how well they will survive inside during the winter. But if they make it your welcome to get some of mine.

Chad,

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource