Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whats going on??

Posted by Hunter_M Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 19:17

My windmill palm has been in decline so I put it in a sunnier spot and its still isnt looking good. It looks like the spear has opened up just a tiny tiny bit but hasnt done anything in awhile. Is it still OK? The spear still wont pull.
Thanks!
-Hunter
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whats going on??

The spear still looks good. It seems lilke whatever caused the problem isnt causing the problem anymore. Now this is just what your left with. I personally think that some palm seedlings just dont do well in new enviorments. Keep in mind that it had to go through the mail and from one climate to another, and then be repotted and then go inside. I've lost a few mail order palm seedlings for what seems to be no reason.
I hope it makes it for you! Definitely dont give up on it and keep us updated!
-Alex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here