Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimhardy_gw

First wave of plants to come in...mostly Pachys & pics

jimhardy
10 years ago

Just the plants near the house for starters...they could(except the Pachypodium)stay out longer but I miss them in the house,they are part of the furniture!

About 4.5' of growth this year out of the Sequoia....less than 2" of rain the last 3+ months,the drought is back.
This would probably be 20' next year if we have excessive rainfall.

The "Madagascar Palm" in this pic is over 6' in the house
with its pot,quite a statement inside if you can carry it upstairs lol!

And..........

It has sent out(or is trying too)a flower-stalk,I don't know if this will develop or not
but with a little luck this will be a tree instead of a "palm" and should break into 3 branches yay!

Enjoying they elegant look of Martianus...much better
off in the ground,5 leaves since I planted out last November.

My beloved Princeps opening leaf 6.

Beautiful Fiddle leaf fig...I sprayed everything with Wilt-pruf before bringing in this year to imprison the bugs!

If these A.Konjac ever die-back my C.Cooper can finally get some sun!
Tree ferns...............

Another Cooperi

This A.Antarctica has finally bounced back after 18F 2 years ago...it was the only survivor.

Beautiful G.paraguayense..one of these survived last winter outside!

Rowe Red banana did well inspite of the dry weather,probably because the soil is shaded there.

This Takil has pulled both of the last 2 winters.
It has recovered well.

Second Takil has not pulled either of the last 2 winters..
it is planted deeper than the other.

The tallest Castor is just under 14'...the A.Havardiana put out 22 leaves this year and
the planted* A.Americana put out 12 leaves,not bad for sitting in the basement on a dolly all winter!
It did take a long time to get growing again... same with the Sago that also was in the basement in the dark-it downsized this year but flushed...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz