Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
outdoors in MI in November? Maybe!

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 9:21

Weekend forcast sunny and mid 60s. Lows in the mid 50s Saturday night. if that holds everything goes out for 2-3 days. That means it would hit mid 70s in front of my house (which has brick walls on either side of the front porch). I can give everything a good wash. The last couple day warm up we had I took all the palms out and got a new spear to pop out of one of my bottles.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: outdoors in MI in November? Maybe!

Getting into the 60s here, it's been so far below average temperature wise this month here that 60s are definitely well deserved! The cold comes back later next week here though unfortunately.
-Alex

o

Alex did you get snow where you are?

o

After July was one of the two hottest on record it has ben below avergage August was OK but September cold.

Alex-
I hope youve made it through the ruff stuff. I heard yesterday was interesting. I would never have thought a Hurricane could keep its strength that far north this late in the year. I would have thought the water was too cold. Mybe it brought warm water up with it from the south.

o

LagoMar, I did get some snow! A lot of trees still have leaves so they were pretty heavily weighed down (the snow was pretty heavy too). Luckily the snow only stayed on the ground for a day, it's gone now and hopefully it wont be back until it's supposed to be back which is mid December!
Andyandy, the worst part about Sandy is that it was really pushed into the area because of a blocking high pressure over the atlantic (blocking it's chance to curve out to sea) and a jet stream that was twisted at a ridiculous and very rarely seen angle! Sandy managed to maintain most of it's tropical characteristics, but it was actually a hybrid of a hurricane and noreaster when it hit here. Because it was a hybrid it no longer needed warm water to grow in strength, it only needed moisture from the jet stream. Water temperatures along the Gulf stream are still mild this time of the year which is why it took so long for it to loose it's tropical characteristics.
Sandy was an incredible storm and definitely the "perfect" storm. Most people probably thought a storm like Sandy could only happen in theory and not real life!
-Alex

o

Interesting and tragic. I'm sorry you all had to go through it. Here in Michigan we don't really get a lot of crazy weather Unless you live along the great lakes and you get the lake effect snow. Where I live an occasional tornado is about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here