o
RE: (google st views) zone 7 sabals in my area

NIce i reposted them as direct links to the street view

Here is a link that might be useful: 101 cypress st,greensboro,nc

o
RE: (google st views) zone 7 sabals in my area 2

o

Thanks for reposting those dennis and the sabals look great ncpalm! Do you know how long they have been there for? The ones in the 2nd link look relatively new, but the 1st ones look like they have been there for at least a year or more.

Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!
-Alex

o

the 2nd pic. is cooper-payne tree farm which sells palms in that part of nc. they have yucca and very tall 35' sabals. i have heard about them a few years back... nice pics tho and esp. for that zone...

o

im sorry staten island,try intersection of fulton st and fisher and thanx for posting the link

o

i found the second one

Here is a link that might be useful: intersection of fulton st and fisher

o

love how the Ssabals are planted in the "midian" not many northerners do this esp. with palms. thats like "Florida style" very nice!

o

I would expect that Salisbury, NC is about the most northerly and inland location that large Sabal palmetto could survive for a good number of years at a time. Note how Salisbury is well north of Charlotte. Does anybody know of any trunking ones in good microclimates in the D.C. area? There, it wouldn't be so much the absolute lows, but the duration and the wet cold that would be the limiting factor.

-Michael

o

hey Alex,i know its more then 3 years cause thats my wife's old neighborhood.An i remember it was hurricane cut no protection.

o

Michael, I actually remember hearing of some large sabal palmettos planted last year in DC that survived last winter (lots of snow, but mild lowest temps). I dont think it will be a long term survivor, but its pretty cool that they survived at least one winter!
Thanks ncpalm. It seems like that palm has been there for a little while. Pretty cool to see all these zone 7 sabal palmettos!
-Alex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here