Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
last 48 hours outdoor in 2012 with pics

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 10:33

Probably, taken out Friday night brought in Sunday night. 65 Saturday 69 yesterday. In the spot you see in the picture that really means 75 and 79. Some rain Saturday morning and wind yesterday so any dust will have been cleaned off. the last day prior to this when they were out the landscapers came by blowing the leaves so a lot of dirt and dust ended up on all of my palms but they are nice and clean now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: last 48 hours outdoor in 2012 with pics

The plants look great! Glad that they got one last bit of sun before winter! Maybe if this winter is nice they will get a chance to take a break from being indoors before spring!
-Alex

o

Alex-
I hope so, it's been a radical change here. It was 29 when I lefto for work this morning. At this point I'll just settle for sunny days so they can get full sun even indoors.

thanx,
Andy

o

Palms are looking good. Only a high of 40 forecast for today, so everything but 2 larger windmills and a waggie were brought in this past weekend. Can I ask why you don't have a washy? I remember you used to have one in A huge pot.

o

The washy got too big to bring back in so i had to let it go. They just grow so fast and are much heavier then more tropical palms. I did start a filifera a couple of years ago but it blew over in the wind (which was a 10 foot drop to the ground) a couple of months ago and seems to be struggling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here