Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Royal Palm Trees struggling

Posted by dmpus Miami, Florida (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 12:40

Hey guys,
We have around ten beautiful Royal Palm Trees on our commercial property. For the past months some palms started to suffer. One of them died already. I read there are insects that attack the leaves and the roots of the palms, however I need a professional opinion what causes the palms illness.
Can you please point me out to a company that could come and give me a legit and professional explanation and solution.

Thank You!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Royal Palm Trees struggling

If you can post some close up pics of the damage some of us on here might be able to help! Im not sure of any landscaping companies in your area so I cant help much with giving you recommendation.
I hope they do better for you! Are they newly planted?
-Alex

o

If you can post some close up pics of the damage some of us on here might be able to help! Im not sure of any landscaping companies in your area so I cant help much with giving you recommendation.
-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

-Alex

o

Hi
Once is never enough tropical lol?? Call Fairchild give you all kinds of recommendations or check out Floridata gary

o

WOW, I dont know why my post sent 14 times!!! Sometimes this happens to me even though I never hit the submit button more than one time or refresh the page while my message is loading. No idea why that happened, but sorry about that!
-Alex
(Hopefully this message only gets sent once!)

o

I will take some pics today.
Thanks guys!

o

I uploaded some pics here: http://dmpus.com/files/palms/

One palm is very visual that it has been attacked by bugs, the rest have brown fronds at the bottom.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: royal palms

o

hi
You have one of the worlds most expert palm gardens almost in your backyard. I would consult them . Google Fairchild for contracts gary

o

i knew there were some weeval outbreaks down there heard they were mostly on bismarks though

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here