Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bismarkia and Redwoods..never seen before!

Posted by stanofh 10a (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 16:21

Many photos of those big palms...but never with the biggest tree's of them all-Redwoods. I declare a first..lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bismarkia and Redwoods..never seen before!

Love the bismarks. If mine makes it through this winter inside I'll plant it in spring. Im not a fan of redwoods. I would love to be on the lake and have it surrounded by weeping willows.

o

Yes bismarcks are definitely a favorite of mine although not hardy in my area.

o

Very strange mishmash planting. Where is this?
Redwoods are the most impressive plants in my opinion. Nothing is more spectacular than a natural redwood forest with trees towering hundreds of feet above you. But a lone redwood planted by a pond surrounded by palms is just bizarre.

o

Eric,there are others in this park..along with tall Italian stone pines,Willows...Brachychitons, Jacaranda's..Howea's and King palms. Its unusual for norcal..but shows the variety of what can grow here.
Its by the Union City library.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here