Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Majesty Palms fronds twisted issue

Posted by mcgyvr2009i Schenectady, NY 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 17:19

I have a majesty palm and the fronds are twisted. The leaves are straight but getting thinner. You know how some fan blades are twisted? Well, that's what the fronds on my majesty palm look like. I placed it outside after the early frost we had so it can get some last season sunlight. But why on earth are the fronds twisted? If you can tell immediately what this is a symptom of, I'm listening. If you are not sure, let me know and I'll post some images. Thanks in advanced.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Majesty Palms fronds twisted issue

Pictures are always helpful to get maximum views, responses and best advice.

o

Could someone have given it a swirly?(-;

Can you give it a reverse swirly??

Also,was this palm outside when Sandy came by....0:

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

o

Only the beginning of the storm. Once I read that the winds were supposed to gust over 60mph and sustained between 25-40mph. I brought it in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here